Friday, April 18, 2008

The Princess and the Pea


I have a soft spot in my heart for children's books.  I have collected them long before I had a child of my own. Maybe it is because my mother is a librarian. Of course, some of our favorites are the Olivia series, Fancy Nancy series, the Madeline series and Pinkalicious (which I blogged about here). They are all delightful reads for your girlie's. 

My little one and I take weekly trips to the library. Of course, we purchase books we love, but since we read multiple books a day we supplement with library books. On a recent trek to the library sans little one, I found this delightful book.  



I was immediately drawn to it because of the amazing art, but something felt oddly familiar to me about it. I later realized that it was because the author was the creator of the "Charlie & Lola" series. That is the one and only cartoon I can tolerate because I adore Lola. There is something about a little proper British accent that I find irresistible and Lola is also mischievous and clever. We will definitely be adding this book to our growing collection! 

What current books books do you love to read with your little one(s)?  

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love all of the books you mentioned. We read her princess books so often we started going to story time on Fridays and checking out books to give me a break. I let her choose so, we gotten some interesting ones. We love Lola too:)

Anonymous said...

We love Lola too! We will have to check it out.

Emily Call said...

I love Charlie & Lola. I will have to take a look at that book!